Friday, May 9, 2008

Today I had some fun company from Kansas visit. My cousins Jessica, Jon, D.J, and my aunt Laurel and uncle Dana stopped by. They helped make the day go by quickly! Mom and Laurel decided to 'tour' Nashville in search of some cross stitch bibs and came up empty handed. Everyone told my mom that cross stitching was a thing of the past. Pretty funny!
GREAT....now she is going to bug me even more because she has nothing to keep her busy. (just kidding) She really has been a big help and a great companion.
We also finally figured out what county we were located in so we could watch for all of the storm and tornado warnings/watches. Being a farmers wife and growing up on a farm I was trained at an early age to keep on eye on what the weather is doing on a daily basis. It is wierd being out your element not really knowing where you are. Well, we know now!

5 comments:

dianefrimmel said...

Hi Val!! I have tried to get on several times, but there must be a short between me and my computer!! You know me!!! I love your web site!!! I have passed it on to many. The guys have been busy trying to drain the fields. They were working on a windmill yesterday and of course they have some funny stories!! I will look for some bibs for your Mom, I am in the process of putting together a care packasge for you. I am so excited about your good news!!! I am sharing your news with my pals at school, hope that is okay. They are keeping you in their prayers. I told my Mom , in Winfield to mention to your friend about your surgery. I will give her your address. I am so proud of you. Please let me know if I can help you this summer, I am more than happy to be of service.
Love, Diane
P.S. Liz is excited her wedding dress came in, so she is getting it today. You remember those days!! Take it easy.

kauffmand said...

Hi Val and Matt,

Thanks for letting us know about your surgery. We are so happy to hear that it went well and that you and Addi are both improving. We will be praying that everything continues to go well.

Dale K.

Delayna Crookes said...

Hi Val,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this - but it sounds like both you and Addi are right where you need to be! Addi sounds like a fighter and she is very lucky to have you for her mommy. You will be in my prayers.

Delayna

Sharon Engelland said...

Hi Val,
Don't be shocked to see this from an old lady! Brett & Lori have been keeping us up on everything. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you and hope everything goes the way it should. Trust in God and lean on your family and friends. They will be there to help you through. We wish you the best.
Sharon Engelland

Engellands said...

Hi Val,
Hope things are going good. I know your mom is looking for cross stitch things. I googled it and found lots of website. Hope that helps. Ms.Rodeo Minnesota just stopped by the coop. She is here for the Abbyville Rodeo. Just know your in our payers. Have a great day.