Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our life

While I am spending time in Nashville, Matt has been very busy at home. In the midst of our family having our first child, the time has come in farming to plant corn and soybeans. Along with farming, we also decided to remodel our home that has been in Matt family for years. Matt says what started out as a bathtub for the little one, turned into the whole house. What would I do without Matt? He is truly a blessing to me!!

With all of the rain lately that Hutchinson has received, it has pushed back planting soybeans a little bit. Thankfully, all of the corn is planted and all the fields that needed tending to have been taken care of. Matt and Craig worked late nights trying to get finished before we left for Nashville.

As far as the house....the utiltiy room has been built. YEAH!!! (no more dirt and mud across the whole house. Containment is good) Our whole home was built with plaster and lath. All of the plaster had to be taken out. Talk about a mess. Good thing we had lots of help.

The kitchen and utility room have sheetrock, paint, and cabinets. Thanks to our contractor, Roy, we now have doors hung and trim up. One of Matt's friend in Wichita, Brock is pouring our concrete countertops today. Yep, you read it right...concrete. Matt wanted concrete from day one as I was a little leary to start with, but after seeing a few pictures I think they will look great. I can't wait to see pictures of our countertops! The chocolate countertops should look great with our light colored painted cabinets.

Not only did we tackle the downstairs, but also the upstairs. We have yet to get sheetrock, I am told next week, and also the nursery. One day at a time, right?!?!

Thank goodness I have Matt to take care of everything!! Praise God for all of our blessings.

1 comment:

Janet Fuller said...

Hello from Miltonvale, Ks. My name is Janet Fuller. I teach next door to Laurel. She has been telling me about your "journey". I am blessed by your steadfast faith and commitment to the Lord. What a testimony to the world and to the value of human life!!! Please know I will remember you all everyday in prayer to our loving Father who is the Creator and Giver of Life!