Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hi everyone! Just thought I would write a quick short note. My mom headed home and my sister Catherine is here now with strict orders from mom on how to be a proper warden. Catherine will leave mid to late June to head back to Hutch, KS to start her summer job working at a grain elevator and mom will come back out for the remainder of the time.

Today we went to the park right across the street has a pond with a bunch of geese and ducks all over. So, of course Cat had to go buy a loaf of bread to feed the waterfowl. They were pretty cute, some of the animals had their babies out swimming in the water.

Our house is coming together quickly with lots of help from our awesome friends and neighbors!! Our upstairs is getting painted as I am typing. Matt is excited about our countertops getting finished and today the plumber was installing our range top stove and sinks. YEAH! I am sure that Matt is going to be happy about having the kitchen back in the proper area as opposed to having it temporarily in our dinning room.

All in all, everything is going well. Matt has had ample rain at home for all of the crops. All of the hail and tornados have missed us at home so far, praise God! Tomorrow we have another sonogram for Addi and a meeting with the neurologist that performed the surgery on Addi. The sonogram will be a growth sonogram, measuring the circumference of the stomach and head and the measurement of the femur bone. I will let everyone know how everything goes tomorrow. Thank you again to everyone who has sent packages, cards and prayers our way!! Also a BIG thank you for everyone helping us get the house ready for Addi and I to come home.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Drake said...

Hey val! So glad the house is coming along! So do you have ideas on how you want to do addies room. Think about you all the time back here in hutch cant wait to see you both!! Love ya! Liz

Unknown said...

Hi Val,

Thanks for sending us the link to your blog. Sorry I have not responded until now. I finally turned off my computer in preparation for Taylor's Graduation. Was the only way I was going to get anything done!

I did get to visit with Kim, Donna & Harold at Taylor's reception and they filled me in. Sounds like you are in a great place!

Even though I've been busy with end of school stuff...it never takes from my prayers. Such an easy thing to do and want you and Matt to know you are in mine often!!!!

You are loved! T- (Proverbs 3:5)

Lorie said...

Valerie,
Your family is in our prayers. We are praying for very specific needs concerning this precious life inside of you.
In Christ,
~Lorie Hatcliff
Manhattan Church of the Nazarene

Therese said...

Hi Brack Family,

Laurel Wurtz gave me your website. We wanted you to know we will add you to our storming of heaven prayers. God has a way of shining through when you least expect it.

Peace~Therese Leiszler
Mom to Zachary
www.caringbridge.org/visit/zacharyleiszler