Thursday, March 5, 2009

Amazing!!!

I found on You Tube today a short clip describing exactly what spinda bifida is, how the hyrdochepalus develops that might answer alot of questions for people.



Also I found a clip that describes and shows the fetal surgery that Addi and I had at 25 weeks. It is a wonderful thing the doctors can do. But at the same time, listening to these doctors made me smile. Our God is SOOOOO good! The power of prayer is amazing. Bear with me for one moment. The doctors talk about how long the mother is expected to stay in the hospital 3 to 5 days. I was out in 48 hours!!! They also talk about the expected stay of the baby after it is born. They say "depending on when the length of thime the due date was" So....delivery was set for 37 weeks. They decided to take Addi at 33 weeks. 4 WEEKS. Addi's expected time in the hospital was 4 WEEKS. Addi stayed 1 1/2 WEEKS. Our family is so blessed that Addi is doing so well. By everyone's prayers-storming the gates of heaven with your prayers-God answered our prayers. Praise to you HEAVENLY FATHER!!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

I just watched both of these videos.... gave me goosebumps!!! It all comes flooding back! In the 2nd video.. the lady in the purple shirt talking about how the baby will be delivered at 37 weeks if it hadn't already...her name is Jody..she took care of me at UCSF!

Valerie said...

One of the doctors that did my surgery the first time was on the first video, and the lady that took care of me was on the second video as well. The video's did bring back a lot of memories!!!