Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So, I guess this post is more about me than Addi-Sorry!
A friend of Matt's Grandma gave us a wonderful gift for Addi when she was born. A Childrens Bible with 365 stories, one for each day of the year. Everyday before Addi's nap, I have been trying to read a couple of stories to her. Knowing when I started this, that she was too young to understand the meaning of the words. What I wasn't expecting was to learn a lot about myself and the bible. I am finding out that I didn't know very much at all about what was in the Bible. How sad is it of me that I thought I had pretty good grip on things?!?! I mean, I had read the bible some of what I didn't really have a firm grasp on but I thought I understood well enough. I have been so interested to learn more that I think I have left Addi out of a few stories. I guess I just feel bad that it took a Childrens Bible to break it down for me to be able to understand. Then it makes me wonder what I am missing that isn't in the Childrens Bible. It has made me reflect and think about the things that I have done. Not all of which have been good memories.
For those that I have been selfish, mean spirited, hard hearted, controling, unwilling to help, unthoughtful, pushed you aside to get what I wanted..... I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. Please forgive me.
The neat thing is that I can pin point many, many times that God had his loving hands wrapped around me and my family.

1 comment:

Jody said...

These times of realization can be wonderful. They are our opportunties to reflect on our own lives and reaffirm what we want and the morals, values, and belief's that we want to pass on to our children and future generations. How wonderful that you are reading the Bible to Addi(Children's version or not!)!!! Instilling the habit now will reward her for her whole lifetime! I am so impressed with you as a person and as a mother! What an amazing example you have already set for her! LOVE YOU! Jody