Sunday, June 29, 2008

We just wanted to send a quick update while we had a few minutes. Addi is still doing wonderful. The doctors have increased her food amount that she has been getting. She continues to drink the whole bottle every time and seems to be getting quite custom to a routine. She starts getting quite fussy if she thinks it is time to eat and no one is jumping to her needs. :) The doctors are trying to get her to eat 30cc at every feeding. They have her eating every three hours. Addi started out at 6cc and was moved to 15 cc yesterday and up to 20cc today and then tonight and tomorrow she will be moved to 26cc then 30cc if she continues to do well. Earlier she did very well with the 20cc, so we are confident that tonight she will do fine with 26cc.
As soon as Addi can control/maintain her temperature on her own, (hopefully tomorrow) they will move her to a crib and out of the warming bed.
Her head measurements continue to drop, a sign that the shunt is working and performing nicely.
She loves looking at her daddy and holding his finger. As soon as Matt starts talking to her she will open her eyes and start looking for him and she seems to clam down. Matt is getting quite used to taking her temp. and changing her diapers already and I am enjoying the time feeding her.
Well, that is about it for now. We are headed back to the hospital for feeding time. We will keep everyone updated on her progress. Sorry if I haven't been answering emails very quickly.
Thank you again for everyone's prayers. I can't but think how blessed we are every time I look at her precious face.

Lots of love,
Matt, Valerie & Addi

I don't know if I ever posted, but Addi weighed 5lbs 4oz and was 16 3/4 inches long.

9 comments:

Jody said...

It is so wonderful to hear how well she is doing! Enjoy every minute because they go by fast!!! Before you know it she will be 3 years old and putting YOU in time-out! =) Gotta love kids!!!

mary jo said...

sounds like things are going well for all ofyou hope the eating cont to improve . your mom stopped by at the hospital today to see me i think she is still a little excited about being a grandma dont blaim her she is a beautiful baby girl dad had better start keeping a close eye on her your troubles are just beginning . haha will let you go for now love to Mary Jo

Janie said...

I am so thankful that all is going so well. What a precious and joyous time in your lives. I know up to now it has been an ordeal you will never forget, but now every moment of it must seem to fading into the past and now every moment spent prior to Adi's birth makes the present more precious. What a Blessings she is!!!! My prayers continue to be with you all.

Love, Janie

J.R.S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.R.S. said...

Addi is such a strong girl, and how wonderful that she finally made her grand entrance. I bet you two are so proud of her. I agree with Jody, who said they grow up too fast! There is nothing better than being a mommy, although watching your husband be a proud daddy is pretty great too!

We can't wait to meet the little miss when she comes home!

Love,
Jess, Devin and Karson

J.R.S. said...

Oops, I feel goofy...posted twice!

Allyson said...

Hi Brack Family - I've been praying for you for the last few months. I've been receiving update e-mails from The Ayers Family, a friend of Jill Grier's. This is the first time I've had a link to your blog, but the e-mails Jill has been sending are powerful and we can see God's handiwork woven through every sentence telling us about Addi. What a miracle she is. Thank you Jesus for this precious baby! I pray she continues to thrive and that God will heal her little body and yours. She is so incredibly BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing your story with others so we can humbly bring it to the feet of Jesus and cry out to Him on your behalf. This verse reminds me of your journey these past few months.

Psalm 138:3, "When I pray, you answer me, you encourage me by giving me the strength I need."

I'm praying this will be a miracle that no one can deny and her very existence will bring others to Christ.

Blessings!!!
Allyson Stephens

P.S. Thank you to all who helped Matt so he could be at Addi's birth. I couldn't believe the pictures. Isn't that the way God intended Christians to be? Unselfishly showing mercy, grace, compassion, humility...I could go on and on. Wow!!! How it has touched my soul.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for Addi. She is very beautiful!!! I have prayed for you and for her. Love in Christ. Stephanie Yeisley. Wichita, Ks.

blessed said...

I absolutely love the verses that are on the top of your blog!! They are some of the same verses he was giving me when I was pregnant with Faith! These girls are truly "Faith underlying patience"... The time we were pregnant and He kept telling me to have "Faith" "believe" "do not waver in your Faith he gives you" He will see you through these times! Hopefully one day we will meet. God bless ya'll!